Mandy - May 11， 2022
How To Use a Yoga Strap for Compass Pose
Yoga props are important for providing a little extra support in some poses. Using tools like yoga blocks or yoga straps can help offset a limited range of motion or tightness and help make a pose easier to get into and hold.
How to use a yoga strap? Now let’s take a look at some effective stretches and strengthening using the multi-loop yoga strap.
【Benefits to use yoga straps for Compass Pose】
Yoga Straps will bring the following benefits when helping Compass Pose：
A gentle hip opener that helps to bring in deeper stretch to the hips with the stretching of the gluteal muscles and, hamstrings muscles.
【Instructions for how to use yoga straps for Compass Pose】
- Sit in a comfortable, cross-legged position.
- Breathe in and bend your right knee, hugging it into your chest. You may leave your left leg bent or straighten it in front of you.
- Take one loop around the sole of the right foot and take the strap with your left hand to help straighten your right leg. Thread your right arm underneath your right knee, bringing the right fingertips to the floor outside of your right hip.
- Breathe slowly and steadily as you focus on sitting tall, lengthening your spine and staying upright as you move into this position.
- Bring your left hand as close to your right foot as you feel comfortable.
- Begin to straighten your right leg as you stretch your left arm.
- Look up toward your left arm, keeping your spine upright.
- Take three to five deep breaths here as you hold the pose.
- Release the pose carefully, exhaling as you guide your right leg back down slowly with your left hand before repeating to the other side.
Trideer Extra Thick Yoga & Exercise Ball Black
【Contraindications when use a yoga strap for Compass Pose】
- Hamstring tear.
- High blood pressure or a tight thoracic spine: Put a folded blanket under your head.