Mandy Chow - June 25th, 2022
Is it better to wear workout gloves?
Whether you're hitting the gym or sticking to your home workouts for now, a pair of workout gloves is a potentially useful addition to anyone's workout gear arsenal. Many gym-goers have probably never considered working out with gym gloves. You may currently be exercising without gym gloves and think your hands are doing pretty well on their own. However, adding a pair of gym gloves can make a big difference, not only when lifting weights, but also helping with grip when doing exercises like pull-ups or even using a rowing machine.
Benefits of weight training with workout gloves
- Non-slip. The palms will sweat when exercising. In order to avoid sports injuries caused by slippery during exercise, and not every gym has anti-slip powder for use, fitness gloves can effectively increase friction due to the material or texture of the palm. to achieve anti-slip effect.
- Delay the formation of thick cocoons. With the increase in the intensity of weight training, the palms that bear the brunt will definitely grow a thick layer of calluses. The thicker design of the palms of fitness gloves can provide hand protection without affecting training. Although there is no 100% guarantee against calluses, it can delay It's been a great gospel.
- Prevent skin breakage and infection. Because most training equipment has a unique texture on the grip part to increase friction, and because of the long training time, it is inevitable that the palm will be worn due to the rough texture, and not everyone will use alcohol after use. Disinfection, in order to prevent the wound from being infected, it is more reassuring to have a pair of gloves that belong to you.
- Protect your wrists. The wrist is a human joint with a large range of motion but very poor stability. Therefore, the purpose of fitness gloves or wrist guards is to stabilize the wrist, strengthen the support force, and protect the wrist joint.
Trideer Extra Thick Yoga Exercise Ball
How to Choose the Right Workout Gloves
- Shape. It is recommended to choose a wrist guard, so that the wrist can get more comprehensive protection.
- Material. Leather has certain functions of anti-wear and increasing friction, but it doesn't matter if it is not leather, as long as the palm part is thick and has a non-slip texture, it is also best to choose gloves made of breathable fabrics such as quick moisture absorption and perspiration , so that you will not feel hot and humid during exercise.